Cold Forging of Aluminium
NETFORM Engineering, combining the advantages of aluminium and cold
forging, supplies the parts that our customers demand; with our
collaborative partner in abroad.
About change of materials from steel to aluminium and use of cold
forming instead of machining please, contact us.
Our main product groups are:Housings
- Engine control units
- Airbag control units
- Ultrasonic sensors (PDC)
- Shock absorber sytems
- Special packaging
- Air conditioning control systems
- LED elektronic
- PC / Laptop cooling
- Parts for gearbox units
- Wheel brake pistons
- Parking brake pistons
Advantages of Aluminium
- Lightweight: Aluminium is a very light metal considering its density of 2.7
g/cm3 , about a third of steel.
- Strength: The strenght level of aluminium alloys reaches to the level of
steel. Heat treatment and strain hardening by cold forging also
helps us to increase the strength of aluminium.
- Heat and electrical conductivity: Aluminium is an excellent heat and electricity conductor. Its
conductivitiy/weight ratio is twice better compared to steel.
- Corrosion resistance: A protective oxide layer is naturally generated on aluminim and
therefore it is highly corrosion resistant. The resistance can be
increased with anodising, painting or lacking.
- Recyclability: Aluminium is %100 recyclable without any downgrading of its
mechanical or thermal properties.